According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 70% of seniors ages 65+ will need some type of long-term care. At Friendship Village, our warm and inviting atmosphere is very different from the typical skilled nursing facility in Bloomington, MN. Instead, we offer a wide variety of social, recreational and cultural activities to help promote friendship.
Unlike some nursing homes near Minneapolis, MN, our skilled nursing care offers a homelike environment. The licensed nursing team members of registered nurses; practical nurses; certified nursing assistants; physical, occupational and speech therapists; licensed social worker; activities coordinator; dietitian; and restorative aide provide comprehensive short- and long-term care in an intimate setting.
To learn more about our health services for yourself or a loved one, fill out the contact form on this page.
- 24-hour care from nurses and certified nursing assistants
- Social worker
- Activities coordinator and programs
- Physical, occupational and speech therapists
- Laundry service and daily housekeeping
- Three meals per day prepared and served restaurant-style, with snacks available 24 hours daily
- Expanded cable TV
- Recreational lounge and patio areas
- 24-hour security and emergency call system
- Transportation and scheduling services
- Beauty and barber services
Short- or long-term skilled care by trained professionals is often called for after an illness or injury. Some conditions that may require skilled care for seniors include:
- Cardiac failure
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Congestive heart failure
- Fall-related injury
- Hip or bone fracture
- Orthopedic surgery
- Parkinson’s disease
We encourage you to bring pictures, plants, mementos and other items to create a familiar, comfortable atmosphere.